Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Good Morning, on this day we become legendary, everything we dreamed of; I'm like the fly Malcolm X, buy any jeans necessary, Detroit red cleaned up.

Those are lyrics from a Kanye West song. I love that it mentioned Malcolm X, I read his autobiography and he had a pretty fascinating life. But this post is supposed to be about the sunrise, so most likely it will be pretty boring, and I am apologizing up front for that. I got up at 5:30 this morning to go for a walk (I am doing a program for work where we count our steps everyday and try to increase our total each week). I usually walk in the evening, but I am busy tonight so I planned ahead. I love the morning, it's much more private. I think about all the people who see the sunset and then this morning I thought of how many fewer people are out and watching the sunrise. There were a lot of people exercising in the a.m., and the people seem to be much more friendly, I got a couple of "Good Morning's" from people and the are no good afternoon's or even hello's if you are exercising later in the day. See, I told you this would be boring. I'll mention some more of the highlights of today, I went to the new Chik-fil-a in Independence for lunch with 9 of my co-workers and I am still very full. I picked up lunch for a meeting from the Mixx and it smelled wonderful in my car all the way back. I am 300 steps away from 10,000, which is the most we are allowed to count for a day, so I am pretty stoked. Last night I finished the book Everything is Illuminated, it was really good. Now I am reading Look Me in the Eye by John Elder Robinson (Augusten Burroughs[Running with Scissors]'s brother). I am eating dinner tonight with my dad, stepmom, and their dog Zorro at Spin Pizza (It's doggy night on the patio--complete with puppy pizzas). I won't be able to see one of the new shows I am obsessed with, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, luckily it will be online tomorrow! So are you asleep yet? One more thing about mornings outside, theer is just a feeling of newness and hope (and less humidity) in the air that really energizes you (who needs caffeine?). Hmm... I think I might be asleep now. Peace.

No comments: